Saturday 23 May 2020

Skype yipe....!

Working during lockdown (not exactly a school story, but it is current)

Back to back zoom, skype, blah calls take their toll and one day was particularly busy, and I’d got up late, sprinted the short distance to the ‘office’ first thing in the morning and done without tea or toast. Despite lack of nourishment I bravely managed 4 hours of ‘meetings’. Come 1pm I staggered in a dazed state to the kitchen, felling slightly giddy with the excitement of a break. 

The sun was shining, the day was glorious and I made a cup of coffee and told the people I live with that I had another call at 1.20. So far so good until I spotted a patio layout dilemma and went out and began faffing around, arranging chairs and moving planters, I was thoroughly enjoying myself, relaxed and happy in the sunshi………..WHAT ABOUT YOUR CALL!!!!!.... 

Now I’m not known for speed, I took the stairs two at a time, sat on my chair while still travelling at speed, it’s an office chair with wheels, I began to travel at speed on the chair. Good thing I wasn’t logged into the meeting, they’d have seen me glide across screen from left to right with a terrified look on my face as I headed towards a cupboard. I picked myself up, logged onto skype and pretended I’d been there all the time but had had problems with my connection. ​


No comments:

Post a Comment